Thursday, August 11, 2011

The sum of my stuff...


Frag-Today we will be talking about stuff. You know the kind that some people go out and purchase because they think that it will make their lives better.

Fig-Oh like a car or a stove?

Frag-Nope the over-priced things that people have convinced themselves that they can't live without.

Fig-*hides the over-priced MP3/dvd/gameboy/phone/camera* Yeah...Okay.

Frag-Take the thing out of your pocket Fig, your going to have to do a lot better than that. Where did you get that anyway?

Fig-I convinced Ego to but it for me. I told Ego that it was just what we needed to make people like me.

Frag-Are you nuts? Having a lot of over-priced 'fad' items does not make you a better person, it just makes you a person with a lot of stuff. A person is not and should not be defined by what they own. But it is a sad fact of society today that makes people think that they have to have the best of whatever it is they decide they need in order to be a complete person. In short-You are not the sum of your khakis.

Fig-*stares at khakis* But, but I haven't taken these off in like 6 months. They are the most expensive, best khakis I could find.

Frag-That's just wrong.*moves quickly across the room* You mean to tell me that you are so attached to your pants that you haven't taken them off even to shower?

Fig-But they are a part of me now. Just like the rest of my stuff. It's like my stuff is me man.

Frag-Dude, loose the khakis, put on some clean pants and find people that like you for you. Not your stuff.

Fig-*stares longingly at dvd collection* But if I am not my stuff, who am I?

Frag-You are just you. If all of your stuff was lost tomorrow, you would still be just you, but with a lot less stuff.

Fig-Man, that's deep. *runs off to contemplate what to do with latest purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment