Monday, August 1, 2011

Multi-culturalism in the US

Frag-"Ya know, I love the USA, but sometimes I wonder if we truly are as multicultural as we think. Our country is supposed to be a melting pot, but when it comes down to it, we are just a mass of separate communities, some who don't even bother to learn the language."

Fig-"Yeah. I get tired of having to learn a second language to order my damn BigMac."

Frag-"If only it were as simple as that. There are a lot of people who feel that everyone else should cater to them. That they can re-make our great country into the one that they left behind. So I propose that someone somewhere comes up with incentives to help these people at least learn the language."

Fig-"But then what would we have to rant about?"

Frag-"There are lots of things to rant about. *looks through rant schedule* But today we are talking about our great country."

Fig-"Alright, well I suggest that on our quest to become more multicultural, everyone should learn how to eat a burrito with chopsticks!"

Frag-"That's not quite what I had in mind, but I guess it is a good place to start

No comments:

Post a Comment