Monday, July 25, 2011

The Online Dating Game...

Frag-"What are you doing? You have been sitting in front of that computer for 48 hours!"
 

Fig-"I'm trying this whole on-line dating thing. Who knows, maybe I'll find that special someone!" *swoons and almost falls out of the chair* "oops"
 

Frag-"So did ya find any good ones?"
 

Fig-"I don't know yet. I have only been looking for the past 2 days. I found several that kinda look like serial killers, and a few people who are at least 20 years older than me. Kinda creepy."
 

Frag-"So how does this whole thing work? Do you e-mail them and wait for an answer? Or do you just sit there and wait for them to e-mail you?"
 

Fig-"Well, it's all complicated depending on which site your on. On this site over here, you can send them e-mail and then you wait to see if they respond. On this one, you have several steps to follow then you get to the e-mail. And on this one, you can IM the person right away and hope to god they decide to answer you."
 

Frag-"So do you have to post a picture? Or can you just describe yourself and hope they find you appealing?"
 

Fig-"A picture helps, I put one of my favorites up. You also get to tell them about yourself, but so far all of the ones I have looked at sound exactly the same. Blah, blah hiking, Blah blah, outdoors, blah, blah done with the bar scene, ya know. I would like to see an original profile for once."
 

Frag-"Which picture did you post?"
 

Fig-"I put up the one of me dressed as a member of kiss."
 

Frag-*stifles a laugh* "Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean you don't want them thinking that Gene Simmons is looking for love on-line.*Snicker* You may want to change that to something more realistic. And I don't mean the one of you in your underwear covered in orange cheese powder."
 

Fig-"Yeah maybe your right. How 'bout the one of me with my hamster?"
 

Frag-"Bad Idea. I don't think that anyone wants to see you with little fluffy in your mouth."
 

Fig-"Okay, here. Take the camera and just take one of me not doing something that will embarrass me later."
 

Frag-*snaps pic*"That should work. So have you heard back from anyone?"
 

Fig-"I have heard back from a couple of people on site 2 and met one from site 3, but site one seems to be a wash. I always thought that you should answer emails when you get them. But no luck there. I have read almost every article I can find on writing the perfect first e-mail, but it hasn't helped."
 

Frag-"Maybe that's your problem, you're over thinking things a bit. I would say just be yourself, but you may want to tone it down a bit so people don't think you're a mental patient. I wish you luck in your endeavor, it seems like a good way to meet people. Just don't expect too much."
 

Fig-"Yeah, I think I will stay away from the Manson look-alikes and the older ones trolling for the spring chickens. So we shall see where it goes from there."
 

Frag-"I wish you luck in your search." *snickers*


No comments:

Post a Comment