Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Organized Religon...

Fig-"Organized What!!"

Frag-"Organized Religion, just like the title says."

Fig-"So why are we talking about organized religion today?"

Frag-"Because it bothers me that some people just don't ask enough questions. Church can be seen as one persons interpretation of a book. And to just take that persons word as *excuse the phrase* 'gospel' is just stupid."

Fig-"So what your saying is that people just get together once a week to listen to someone discuss the same book over and over again?"

Frag-"Yep. Like a book club caught in a time loop. But the point of this is more that people need to start asking questions again."

Fig-"With a hat like that I would be questioning my fashion advisor."

Frag-*snorts coffee* "Now don't get me wrong, it's great that people have things to believe in. People need things to believe in, but just because one person says something, does not mean that it is the final word on the subject. Every one's interpretation is can be as different as night and day, but without asking the question, one can never know how far or how different views can be."

Fig-"Okay I have a question! What is the meaning of life?"

Frag-"I am not going to answer that right now. I would like you to think about it and see what it means to be you. I can give you an answer, but I am not going to because I can tell you what it means to be you through my experience, but I can't tell you what it feels like to be you. And you should not take my answer as the definitive answer for you. So the lesson today is...Ask more questions!"

No comments:

Post a Comment